Rabbit hunting Saturday 7/13?

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Anyone up for some rabbit hunting tomorrow? Was set to go out this morning then my friend had to bail and already told the wife she could use the car today :worried: so no hunting for me today. Was set up to do some coyote hunting and try to get my first rabbit. If anyone is going out tomorrow and wants a partner just let me know. Im coming from the South Bay.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Tomorrow has a number of events going on. Maybe pick one and go to meet more hunters.
1. Back country hunters and anglers (BHA) has a litter/trash cleanup on Palomar Divide Road starting at 8am. Meeting point is about 6 miles up the road so plan accordingly.
2. National Wild Turkey Federation has their annual banquet at Carlton Oaks County Club beginning at 4:30pm. You don’t need to be a member to come (the ticket includes a one year membership).

San Jacinto Wildlife Area is having a work party and SCI is having a get together in Julian....And we wonder why attendance is down for the banquet.....lol

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Sorry guys, I hate making excuses.
I just fixed our car again $$$$$.
Just lost our French door fridge.
Lasted 4 years.$$$$$, new fridge
On the way $$$$$_. Still need to fix my ranger, $$$$$$,
Now our sliding door crapped out.
Shhhhhhh $$$$$$$
No break

I am going to go to the salton sea tomorrow if you want to go, from OC. I have not seen any rabbits out there but there is coyote.

in the evening

Last edited:
Was thinking of just heading east on the 8 till I found a good area but if the area is BLM and they have fire restrictions can you still hunt? I'm under the impression you cant.

Was thinking of just heading east on the 8 till I found a good area but if the area is BLM and they have fire restrictions can you still hunt? I'm under the impression you cant.
You can still hunt the fire restrictions are for target shooters. Make sure you are out hunting and not driving by first light that is when a lot of the bunnies are moving around.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu