Rabbit Seasonnnn!!!!!

I have never cook rabbit before, so I looked for some recipies on line and ended modifying one, by not much.
Debonned the front and rear legs, cutted the meat in small cubes, used sea salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne peper, and mixed it with the meat, chopped an onion, parsley, carrots and celery. Put olive oil on a pan and cooked the meat for a while, then I dropped the vegetables, after a few minutes tossed a can of beer. Kept cooking until there was almost no more juice, then i did put some water to keep cooking a bit longer. In the meanwhile, my wife cooked some white rice with some turkey bacon ( because we are on a diet... LOL) I remembered a cheff molding the rice on a small container and dropping it in a plate. The rest speak for itself...
Oh... a good red wine was the perfect complement.
Did I say before that I can cook???
LOL...
It came up a bit spicy but every body liked it. Need to use a bit less pepper next time.

That's so awesome that you took him full-circle with it from field to table!

It is my belief that if we had more youth experiencing the finality of death brought about by their own hand, and having to get their own hands bloodied... that it will go a long way towards curbing them away from escalating human conflicts into unneeded gun-violence, or violence in general because they've now had an up-close and personal dose of that reality and all the emotions it forces you to confront the first few times you've made a kill.

Ya know what I mean? So it's not just some hyper-glamorized thing they are constantly bombarded with in TV/Movies.

Last edited:
That's so awesome that you took him full-circle with it from field to table!

It is my belief that if we had more youth experiencing the finality of death brought about by their own hand, and having to get their own hands bloodied... that it will go a long way towards curbing them away from escalating human conflicts into unneeded gun-violence, or violence in general because they've now had an up-close and personal dose of that reality and all the emotions it forces you to confront the first few times you've made a kill.

Ya know what I mean? So it's not just some hyper-glamorized thing they are constantly bombarded with in TV/Movies.

I know exactly what you mean. It happened to me, it happened to you, Saturday it happened to him, i can tell that he experienced first hand what it means and how it feels to kill a mammal.
He has experienced fishing, but hunting takes the act of killing to a hole different level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dispelling the rumor that jack tastes like crap. Nice!!
I was affraid about that, but it came out great!! I used yhe backstraps and legs. It could have come out more tender if I had more time to cook it longer, anyways it was not chowee at all

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu