Rabbit?

HHlongbow

Nov 9, 2012
I just went on my first hunt ever yesterday. I shoot a longbow. I did not see any rabbits at all? Am I too late in the season for rabbits? What about Quail? I see this type of small game everywhere around my home, well at least the rabbits. The minute I go into the true wildlife areas I see nothing. Thanks guys

Jeremy

Good for you. Only way to bag game is by getting out there. I'm not sure on the rabbit and quail seasons. Be familiar with the rules and regulations on the DFG website. Good luck.

Thanks guys! Are there any particular tactics, methods that work better than others? I have done a little reading. I hear "kicking them up" is a tactic many bow hunters use. I will also be paying more attention to seeking out food sources.

Jeremy

When I first started hunting, I chased rabbits with a shotgun and would just hammer them out in the open. Never tried with a bow. What kind of points or broadheads are you using?

Hi Nick! I use blunt points and also field tips with little washers behind them. I guess that is pretty standard. I wonder if flu flus would be appropriate for shots under 25 yards? Take it easy.

Jeremy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu