Ram hunting?

ktkheatsfan

Sep 25, 2013
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has had ram? I was wanting to go and hunt one but I've heard the may doesn't taste good. Does anyone know of a ram that taste good like what type of breed?

Have no idea. Some ugly thing. If you look on BHCR website it shows what kind of sheep they have. Never been there myself.

you guys know that for just a few bucks more you could be hunting up at http://www.giantsequoiaguideservice.com/ check out the prices and compare a high fence trapped animal experience to a fair chase wild animal hunt. Their Russian boar hunt is only 25bucks less? yeah 25$. Trust me when i say harvesting a wild pig is light years more fun and rewarding than BHCR. I am not knocking their operation it is what it is but its not fair chase hunting.

http://vimeo.com/74347595

My buddy left almost an entire mouflon ram carcass on my doorstep once. It is pretty strong tasting and even the loins are rather tough if grilled so I'd recommend grinding most of it and sausage especially if an old ram.

ktkheatsfan said:
It's 475 to 575 for a hog and 475 for a ram. I had a blast out there!

Dang.. I was hoping it was only like 100$ haha. I think I'll raise one and let it run free on my 3 square miles of land for her. I should start my own little game ranch!

If u do you should by some turkeys as well. I can get young turkeys for $7.

I shot one in January , taste like crap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Well I don't have a grinder yet for sausages so I might hold off on getting one till then. Good horns on it though!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu