Ready for the opener?

S

stikbrandon

so I'm pretty stoked about the up coming archery season (A22), got off the phone with my buddy and he got me all pumped..just got done going threw my gear making a check list of what i have and what i need to get i.e. first aid kit new camel pack ext.... I was wondering what you guys have been doing as far as getting in to shape, scouting, planning ext?

Guys I have gained about 20 lbs in the past year, the wife seems to think 40 but hey the scale doesn't lie. iv been pretty lazy eating fast food for lunch everyday at work and watching the outdoor channel every night since i hurt my shoulder a few months back wrestling.

i noticed on my last hunt in may for pigs that I'm pretty out of shape and need to get ready for deer season this year. iv been going on about 3.5 mile hikes in Daley ranch with the dog up by Dixon lake here in Escondido for the past 2 weeks about 3 times a week.

also i have been out scouting the area that i plan to hunt checking my cams ext every 2-3 weeks.

I'm going to start doing wind sprints wearing a weight vest to get in tip top cardio shape for rifle season for the day trips of glassing, hiking ,glassing and more hiking.

screw all that getting ripped crap lifting weights and what not, cardio is the key !!!

when do you guys start geeting ready ?

Went on a Turkey hunt this past spring season and could barely make the uphill hikes! Knew it was time to sack up or get left behind. I just got back into doing Crossfit every day at home in my garage. I've toned up alot and increased my endurance substantially. Just battled a bout of the flu that dropped another 6 pounds off me. Almost a lean mean huntin machine over here! I stretch, run, and do muscle confusion workouts 6 out of 7 days. Weighted walking lunges sure do help prepare your legs for some of these So Cal terrains: good strength and balance builders.

hehehe bastardo! I only go to Zumba because the instructor gives other "paid exercises". I do Crossfit to keep the neighborhood cougars coming back!

El Matavenados said:
Do they let men into those Zumba classes?

Haha! I can vouch for my 8steeltown friend though. He was dragging ass after the last turkey hunt but since then he's been kicking ass getting ready for hunting season. I have to hand it to him. I've only been doing 12 oz curls. Lots of them...

I have been going on a few bike rides and a little dumb bell curls at home. I need to do more with my spare tire.

Haha! I can vouch for my 8steeltown friend though. He was dragging ass after the last turkey hunt but since then he's been kicking ass getting ready for hunting season. I have to hand it to him. I've only been doing 12 oz curls. Lots of them...
[/quote]

Thank you friend!

Just found out I tore my ACL, so first available reconstruction date is sept. 10.

Might be road hunting this year for rifle but should be out and about for muzzleloading.

Thinking about one of those bikes you peddle with your arms, to try and stay in shape while my knee heals.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu