Real ID

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
Soo... I know to purchase a firearm I need to have a real id.....
But.. what about to sell a firearm? For ppt purposes.
Thanks in advance. Enjoy the weekend
JoseC.

had to renew my cdl so made an appt. for real id, got there still had to wait in line, it took 2 hrs, i hate the dmv

Clarification around the REALid...

For work I travel out of state. The REALID was introduced because the airline industry stated that they did not approve of CA giving out DLs to anyone (legal or illegal)...so the CA legislators had to come up with a new ID that requires proof you are a citizen for the Airlines...funny, even they know the terrorists will come up from the border.

It has nothing to do with gun purchases...I just sold a rifle to a buddy, I had the REALid he did not...no issues.

Ummm...the new ID's do not work for firearm purchases. You can sell a gun with the new CA DL but you can't purchase a gun with the new CA DL. This is a fact...

When you renew, get the "REAL ID".

Just looked it up. That’s F up. Now I have to go to the DMV tomorrow and yell at them.

Don’t go to DMV without a reservation. I was at Poway DMV last week w/ my daughter for her learners permit exam. We had a reservation. We were there for 2 1/2 hrs... then their computers crashed & we were SOL. Rescheduled for 5/9. Wish us luck!!!

Reactions: Lungpopper
Ummm...the new ID's do not work for firearm purchases. You can sell a gun with the new CA DL but you can't purchase a gun with the new CA DL. This is a fact...

When you renew, get the "REAL ID".
Thanks big man

The real question is can you vote with out a real ID or would that be discrimination? Baffled by this state.

You can vote in the state of California but the fed's do not recognize the current ID with the "Federal Limits Apply" nomenclature. Which means illegal aliens can vote in the state of California. Your rights have been made more difficult while folks who don't belong here and have committed a crime have it easier and a have a say in how your state is being run.

There you have it!

Reactions: TRICER
You are still legally able to purchase a gun even with the "Federal Limits Apply" as long as it does not have "This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes" on the back.

https://www.crpa.org/crpa-news/firearms-purchases-identification-issued-ca-dmv/

If you go to get your real ID make sure to bring all required documentation. They need birth cert, W-2 or social security card, etc..

Yep - everything above is true. The problem is, if you renew by mail you end up with an AB 60 ID. And it has the "This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes" nomenclature on the back.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Yep - everything above is true. The problem is, if you renew by mail you end up with an AB 60 ID. And it has the "This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes" nomenclature on the back.

Gotcha!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu