recipe needed .270 win with CX/GMX 130's

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
Looking to see if anyone has loaded for the .270 with 130 grain GMX or CX bullets. Please I'm just looking to use these bullets I already now there are a lot of other good combos out there.

I have not loaded the GMX but I've been curious about them. If you figure out a load and test it out, let me know how they do!

130 grain GMX 58.5 of H4831sc .030 off and an 3043 avg not too bad. 958F1053-777F-45F3-BACF-54C878BF437F.jpeg

When using mono's, I always like to start with Barnes data. Should give great starting points. **EDIT** just realized how old this post was. My bad

1670344161117.png

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Its not that old I just never got any responses. Barnes is OK I mean thanks for narrowing it down to 10 powders for me. I think its important to check some other resources as well I will always check Hodgen's website as well as Nosler to cross reference. I little internet scouting goes along way there is usually some one out there looking for the same type recipe. Lastly take a peak at the test barrels their twists and length's may be way different than yours.

The brass they uses is extremely important too. I typically use all data to come up with a safe starting point, then doing 1gr increments until I hit pressure.

Once I hit pressure sign I back down 1 gr or to closest node, tweaking seating depth and crimp setting for 100y group size.

I think I remember you posting about your results years ago. That combo is a shooter for you. It’s so awesome when you get a gun that shoots that good off the rack. 4831sc was available last night on midway.

Hate to bump something old , but I am new here
the m70 featherweight 270 is kinda liking 56.5 gr of imr 4831 with Barnes 130 tsx
I didn’t ladder test the load , just barowed the recipe from my uncle
accuracy is +/- 1 moa @ 3100 , probably could tone it down for better accuracy?

Reactions: Ofdscooby
Hate to bump something old , but I am new here
the m70 featherweight 270 is kinda liking 56.5 gr of imr 4831 with Barnes 130 tsx
I didn’t ladder test the load , just barowed the recipe from my uncle
accuracy is +/- 1 moa @ 3100 , probably could tone it down for better accuracy?
I shoot the Barnes 130's out of a featherweight M70 quite a bit. IMR 4350 with a CCI 250 primer shoot really well for me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu