Recipies - Deer

I had back straps last night........Olive oil, fresh garlic, onion, and lemon pepper....Medium rare in frying pan (lid on), high heat, turn often....Cut it with a fork....... ;)

I saw a post on Facebook the other day called "the best backstrap ever" where they butterflied the backstrap, sliced cream cheese off the block, layed it inside with a hefty serving of fruit compote (don't recall what kind), wrapped in bacon and butcher string. Supposedly it's awesome. Search "best backstrap ever" on Facebook. Can't access FB on my computer.

Just cook it like a good steak......salt & pepper hot grill eat medium rare

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu