Recurve or Compound??

GDCruz

Mar 2, 2013
So are most of you on this forum using compound or recurve bows? I just got into archery about 3 months ago and have been taking classes until i got my first bow a hoyt horizon. I was just curious on what everyones using and why?

I shoot both and a hybrid. I shoot my compound for hunting, Oneidas for bowfishing and recurve for messing around in the backyard and shooting rabbits. The reason I use a compound for hunting is for the accuracy and distance. Either way I enjoy shooting them all.

I mostly shoot compound, but I have 3 recurves. One of these days I am going to pull them out and shoot 3-ds. Maybe take them over to the range and school Random.

Compound its easeir to pull back and keep at full draw when hunting also they shoot a lot faster and are more acurate than recurves

Hmmm how long did you guys wait to transition from recurve to compound? And there's a hybrid compound recurve?!?!?!?! But I'm taking classes at hi-tech archery in Fullerton. The people there are really amazing and have been super nice.

compound for me. I get the speed and distance out of a compound, although recurves are fun to shoot also, but i stick with compound only 8)

Invisible man said:
I mostly shoot compound, but I have 3 recurves. One of these days I am going to pull them out and shoot 3-ds. Maybe take them over to the range and school Random.

If by school you mean showing me something that I have never seen before, mission accomplished you did that last weekend..... Oh I forgot ( " I don't even know you" ) I shouldn't talk to strangers.

Randomshot said:
Invisible man said:

If by school you mean showing me something that I have never seen before, mission accomplished you did that last weekend..... Oh I forgot ( " I don't even know you" ) I shouldn't talk to strangers.

I don't know how many times we told him not to shoot in that direction.......... ;D

Back to the topic.....GD, I shoot a compound. Something intriguing about those trad bows though. I want to get one someday!

Grew up shooting Recurve. I have shot compound for years and that is all I shot now. Jump into it when you have the cash to purchase a compound. Make sure you enjoy it before you make your big purchase.

I was asking more out of curiosity,i really enjoy the challenge of recurve and the few times I've used compound i feel like I'm cheating hahaha

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu