Redding CA or close to.

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
I purchased an AO tag.

A friend of mine has a temporary place in Redding CA. He drove up there a couple of times the last two months and he suggested I give the area a try. So I am planning on going to scout it first and go back to hunt it later if I can make sense of the area. Or I just might hunt this trip...I think the season for Archery opened in B2 but I will check.

My dates are not set yet, but it should be somewhat close to the end of August with some flexibility..(I know it can be brutally hot). I will be flying to Sacramento and drive up to meet up with my friend who does not hunt and while he takes care of some personal matters I would go to get acquainted with the woods for a couple of days. I have never stepped foot in that area so I am doing some reading, looking at maps and different areas.

My friend said bear encounters seem to be the norm where her mom lives further in the woods...yikes! maybe a should get a beer tag..lol.

Is there anyone on this forum who hunts up that way...? If so, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to keep it in the down low. I can also give you my cell to chat if you prefer. Don't worry about sharing, I don't have friends who hunt and I live 12hrs away...

Or if anyone has hunted up there and has general information that would help, feel free to post a reply...
:) Thank You.

Last edited:
I purchased an AO tag.

A friend of mine has a temporary place in Redding CA. He drove up there a couple of times the last two months and he suggested I give the area a try. So I am planning on going to scout it first and go back to hunt it later if I can make sense of the area. Or I just might hunt this trip...I think the season for Archery opened in B2 but I will check.

My dates are not set yet, but it should be somewhat close to the end of August with some flexibility..(I know it can be brutally hot). I will be flying to Sacramento and drive up to meet up with my friend who does not hunt and while he takes care of some personal matters I would go to get acquainted with the woods for a couple of days. I have never stepped foot in that area so I am doing some reading, looking at maps and different areas.

My friend said bear encounters seem to be the norm where her mom lives further in the woods...yikes! maybe a should get a beer tag..lol.

Is there anyone on this forum who hunts up that way...? If so, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to keep it in the down low. I can also give you my cell to chat if you prefer. Don't worry about sharing, I don't have friends who hunt and I live 12hrs away...

Or if anyone has hunted up there and has general information that would help, feel free to post a reply...
:) Thank You.

Archery open 8/15 B2 is a great area to hunt bud. Best of luck. I’ll be up there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu