redneck bull

wackums back

Nov 6, 2013
My shop piece. Killed when I was 15. He's ragged but that's what happens when your house burns down.note how he feels about ducks

Attachments

• IMG_20131109_084738_552.jpg
    IMG_20131109_084738_552.jpg
    940.7 KB · Views: 28
Where do you kill him and what rifle and caliber. Whats the story?

Killed him outside Fairbanks with my great uncle Kenny Reese of Hancock minnesota. I used a 7mm rem mag and killed him at 65 yards broadside. My uncle used to go teach English to the natives via helicopter. On this particular year he made arrangements for him my cousin curt and I to go moose hunting and he procured and purchased our tags on a reservation he taught at. We flew in from fair banks dome 60 miles to the village (can't remember the name) were met by the locals and my uncle went to teach so me and curt went scouting. We saw many bulls but this one came to the call and was borderline dangerous so at the last minute I put one in his noilerroom . Upon the shot the bull charged right past us breaking off 6 in round trees in the process. He's been a centerpiece of the family for years. In 2003 I had him at a rental home in crest and when the cedar fires burnt thru a I got out was him my guns my dive gear and my dog.(priorities right). He sat in storage for 6 years and when I bought my home was placed front and center in my shop.his cape is ragged and horns are brittle but still brings euphoria to me when I wrap my hands around them antlers. May god bless my uncle for his generosity and taking a underprivlaged young man on the coolest most remembered trip ever.

That is an awesome story...thanks for taking the time to share it. I like your moose - he has a history!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu