Rehoming my Springer, no charge for great home

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Hey, I've got to rehome our springer spaniel. We adopted him for my son after his original owner passed away. My son is just getting into hunting and we thought it would be a good idea. He is 8 years old, unaltered, registered AKC, crate trained, was trained and certified for pheasant, quail, and chukar by an outfitter in the Paseo Robles area when he was younger. I have all his paperwork, I have taken him out myself while my son was at school and he works great, he is a flusher, quarters great, and retrieves very well.
The fine print...
Unfortunately, my son has some special needs and the springer is a little (ok, a lot) to energetic for him. He is a barker if he is just left alone in the dog run for to long. So between his energy and barking my son goes into a complete melt down and we've tried to work with him but have been unsuccessful, So rather than exasperate either of them further we have decided to find a more fitting home for him.
He is collar trained but we do not have the collar any more because my son thought it was the fix all, So i had to get rid of it. He Will come with the calls and whistles we got with him for training. leash, training bumper, etc (no crate). He is a GREAT dog, just not for a kid. He is behaves great for me in the house, car, outside, etc. but I didn't get him for me. He responds best to a dominant male, He loves to play with my Aussie, I also have some videos I shot of him in the field if interested.
PM me if interested, I am in Temecula so we could meet midway...

Attachments

• IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
Hey guys, this sounds like a great dog if you are up for a high energy pet, If anyone wants to use my kennel property to meet this gentlemen and evaluate the dog you are welcome to do so just pm me. I can supply a pigeon or two if need be.

Sounds like a great deal. I love springers. Sorry I don't have space for him, unless u want to trade 2 useless mutts for him. ;)
Good luck.

Sent via Tapatalk

HI my friend might be interested, how can he get in touch with you. We being 3 of us hunt all the time and he has been looking for a dog. let me know. thanks

Check out the Springer Rescue . They inspected my home before we adopted our Brittany from the Brittany Rescue. I only have room for one high energy dog at a time. I'm sure this dog is going to find a great new home.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu