Release the hounds!

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Ok guys and gals, I got a once in a life time invite from a friend who owns several hundred acres adjacent to Tejon to chase some hogs with my pups. Leaving super early tomorrow morning and coming back late Sunday night. Full report and photos when I get back!

Sorry for the late reply guys. Well we werent able to get a hog but took advantage of the day and did a crap load of scouting for my next trip up. At first I said to my self that there's no way that there are hogs in this area but holy crap was I wrong. While walking down a dirt road through the higher elevation pine forests, the dogs bayed a large hog that I got a little glance. Unfortunately this hog shook off both dogs and managed to get away ( who says hunting with dogs isnt fair chase?)

I was able to get a lay of the land and found a massive amount of freshly rooted areas and tons of hog beds. Unfortunately with this trip a couple of the guys brough new dogs that didnt get along too well with my dogs so the majority of the time was spent trying to figure out the dogs. The scenary there is absolutely breath taking and on the way out a massive 4x4 buck crossed the road chasing a doe.

Great thing is I now have a open invitation and planning another trip up soon before heavy snow sets in.

Attachments

• tejon 2.JPG
    tejon 2.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 85
  • tejon 3.JPG
    tejon 3.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 87
  • taro1.JPG
    taro1.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 85
  • yuki1.jpg
    yuki1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 95
  • tejon 1.JPG
    tejon 1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the update Matagi. Gorgeous pics of the country and the dogs.

Looks like a fun time, none the less! I actually hunted Tejon this past weekend, on my first ever pig hunt, and got my first ever pig. You're right, the scenery, and the amount of game, is unreal!

Excellent, Congrats man! Yeah its a super great place to hunt. I'm heading back the first week of January to spend a few days combing through the place with the dogs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu