Reloading components

Germain520

Nov 15, 2012
Southern San Diego
hi folks,
is there any store where i can buy reloading powder withing San Diego County?
Seems there is a shortage of components online and stores going on. any sugestions
would be highly apreciated...

Try the following:

El Cajon Gun Exchange
Hiram's Guns & Spirits
Turners Outdoors

March Del Mar Gun Show

What powder are you looking for?

I have around 10lbs of H335 if you can use it. Might sale a pound

I am in San Bernardino, how much do you want? What you willing to spend lol?

I live in Encinitas, but my son works up that way and will be in San Bernardino tomorrow around noon. I used to reload many years ago and am just getting started again so I don't know the going price for the powder. Midway has it for $23. You call it. What will you sell two pounds for?

I will not be around tomorrow. I would be willing to sale two at 25 each

Haven't tried it yet. Haven't been able to get the bullets I want. However, I was just notified that a backorder of 200 of them was shipped yesterday (on my birthday even. What a birthday present!) All my cases are ready to go when they get here. I should be building some test loads the first part of next week and will be going to the range VERY shortly thereafter. I will let you know.

I started out at 24.0 grains and went up to 27.0 in half-grain increments. No signs of pressure at all. Using CCI 450 magnum primers and Hornady 53-grain V-max BT bullets. Best target (24.0 grains) was a 1/2" group (100 yards - 5-shot group - 3 rounds through the same hole). I'm a happy hunter! Thanks again for the powder.

happy I was able to help out! Sounds like your getting good groups too, Should have some calls soon I am just waiting to get them!

Was just in La Mesa Collectibles today to check out their stock. They've got

- Small pistol and small pistol magnum primers. Didn't see rifle primers, but didn't ask either.
- What seemed like a complete stock of rifle and pistol bullets (Hornady, Sierra, Berger, Barnes, Remington, and Speer).
- Powder. Didn't have the ones I was looking for (IMR 4831 & 4350), but told me they'll be getting a shipment by the end of this month.
- Misc. reloading supplies (presses, tools, dies, media, powder measures, cleaning supplies, books, etc.)

Fine Firearms has all of the stock above for the exception of powder which we also have on order.

junglelarry said:
Was just in La Mesa Collectibles...

I went in there recently as well, and will not be going back. I wanted to take a closer look at something, and opened the box. The guy completely overreacted. Instead of saying "hey, please don't do that", he used profanity and other unkind comments. When I make a mistake (and I did), I'm willing to admit it and make it right. I don't like being treated like trash though, when a simple correction will suffice.

Glad to hear Fine Firearms has some components in stock. Much nicer guys to work with there!

I've had the complete opposite experience there, but I can't argue with you about the folks at Fine Firearms. I won't endorse one or the other (unless they're offering sponsorships!), just thought I'd toss out some stocking information for anybody who's having trouble finding gear.

I have 3 pounds of bullseye, I have no use for and am looking for blue dot if any one wants to trade.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu