Reminder – San Jacinto Wildlife Area Volunteer Blind Brush-Up Work Day – Saturday, September 18th, 2021

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
This was already announced, along with the August 14th work day (which was a great success BTW – thanks for all who came out) but I’m, posting this as a reminder since that announcement was back on July 10th.

Tom Trakes, from San Jacinto Wildlife Area, advised that the third volunteer work day for the upcoming season at San Jacinto Wildlife Area have been scheduled. The date is Saturday, September 18th...

sj work.png

Thanks for posting, Eric. I’ll mention it again. Great way to learn the area and meet like minded folks. EVERY newbie should attend these work parties

ps. Do believe, I’ll be in X9-a for the opener

Thanks for posting, Eric. I’ll mention it again. Great way to learn the area and meet like minded folks. EVERY newbie should attend these work parties

ps. Do believe, I’ll be in X9-a for the opener
...if the forests aren't still closed. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Thanks Eric,

Again, all you guys wanting to getting into waterfowling....This is a great way to learn the area and meet like minded folks....See you there................ :blush:

.019.JPG

Reactions: fish dog
Real good morning at San J's work party....Lots of fowl showing up and the area is getting flooded up nicely....On a sadder note, Mystic Lake has gotten much smaller...Probably losing a number of hunting spots there.

The crew has done a great job getting the area prepared for the up coming season and if anyone would like to help on their own...Tom Trapes (area manager) will be working Saturdays soon.

.IMG_2906.JPGIMG_2909.JPGIMG_2918.JPGIMG_2919.JPG

...if anyone would like to help on their own...Tom Trapes (area manager) will be working Saturdays soon.
Yup...Tom said that if anyone wants to volunteer they will be there the first three Saturdays before the season opener. If you are able to help and want to help call Tom Trakes at the San Jacinto headquarters at (951) 236-3040, or the San Jacinto staff at (951) 928-0580 and ask what needs to be done.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu