remington semi-auto vs beretta for 12 Ga?

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Here's a question: I've read about beretta and I know NBK is a big fan. My question is, how does it compare with the Remington semi-auto in 12 Ga. My brothers both swear by the Remington. One of them said the following recently: "Re shotguns I would consider as a first gun, a semi auto 12 G with variable chokes vs O/U. I think a pump would slow you down for shooting doubles in the field or on a range. For duck or goose hunting you may want more than one f/u shot that the O/U limits you to. If you're going to do a lot of clay pigeon shooting, then the double would be a good choice. Another advantage with my 12 G Remington Semi auto is that I can change the barrels and convert it to a slug rifle with scope in about 60 seconds. This is nice if you ever get invited to hunt deer in an area like all of NJ and parts of VA that don't allow rifles due to population density. I've used this 12 G more than any other of my guns over the years including for ducks, turkey, deer, trap, sporting clays, etc."

As always, I appreciate everyone's feedback and advice.

The Remington versa max is nice gun that utilizes benellis's short stroked two piston design called Argo but with 7 gas ports in the chamber. Its an american made m4. I've heard the versa max has had some issues and a recall on them plus I'm partial to beretta. The beretta had the blink operating system, kick off mega and kick off cubed. Both guns are very soft shooters, point very well and will cycle anything you feed them. I own a beretta a400 action 20 and I'm saving up for the beretta a400 xtreme. I think the over all built quality of the beretta, packaging, and the gun to me feels way more well built. Beretta has more attention to detail than Remington too. Don't get me wrong Remington's are good guns. With a pump it won't slow you down that much on doubles and follow up shot at all you just have to be a little bit more on too of your game.

need more info to know what you are asking? are you talking top of line auto loaders, versamax vs a400?

Aeon said:
need more info to know what you are asking? are you talking top of line auto loaders, versamax vs a400?

Yes. This may be my first and last shotty. Might as well be a good one.

Okay I swore by the 11-87 up until last weekend when I first shot a beretta. All I have to say is amazing. I ran the first 5 stations in a sporting clay shoot Saturday. Go beretta or franchi. I'm going to get one at the end of this year for sure and sell the 2 11-87s I have

Sounds pretty strong for Beretta. I'll have to pay John a visit at FF. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone
...expect bizarre spelling errors

John, thanks again. Those were some awesome shotguns. The Berettas fit like a glove. My bros are gonna be jealous when I bring one of those babies to VA! But first I have to clean the garage so my wife will let me buy another firearm... Haha

Sent from my iPhone

Bonejour said:
John, thanks again. Those were some awesome shotguns. The Berettas fit like a glove. My bros are gonna be jealous when I bring one of those babies to VA! But first I have to clean the garage so my wife will let me buy another firearm... Haha

Sent from my iPhone

Wait... so cleaning your garage grants you the wife rights to buy a firearm!?!?! MAN... I really didn't shop around before I got my wife!

8SteelTown said:
Bonejour said:

Sent from my iPhone

Wait... so cleaning your garage grants you the wife rights to buy a firearm!?!?! MAN... I really didn't shop around before I got my wife!

Haha yeah she is tough but a keeper!

Sent from my iPhone

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu