Ring door bell

"This is something I don't like! Hmmph" <Doesn't bother to get up and change the channel> #facepalm #haterade #techtalkmakebrainhurt

I hope are making a joke about me and this thread, I am only aware of Dr Phil because my wife who is terminally ill enjoys it. Never sent an insult your way..... think twice before you type.
sorry about your wife, really am. But I went back and read your comment and once again I missed the part about your wife.

High tech. Can and is a double edge sword. Gundog go and purchase the best router you can afford. Get one with dual or more wifi antennas. Wired connection is and will always be more reliable.
But nothing is full proof.

About the camera Must likely their computer was hacked and not the camera.
But with out the factual information it is really tough to say. Microsoft explorer or edge has a big hole.
So get control of the computer with administrator rights now one can view the camera and mic.

High tech. Can and is a double edge sword. Gundog go and purchase the best router you can afford. Get one with dual or more wifi antennas. Wired connection is and will always be more reliable.
But nothing is full proof.

About the camera Must likely their computer was hacked and not the camera.
But with out the factual information it is really tough to say. Microsoft explorer or edge has a big hole.
So get control of the computer with administrator rights now one can view the camera and mic.
A person compromising your home PC *could* potentially use that as a tool to try to get your pword for the Ring account by slapping on a key-logger and or a packet logger/sniffer. But ultimately... that is not these people "hacking" your Ring account... it's them hacking your local PC to see wTF you're typing in. So... just setup the Ring account with MFA and done deal. End of problem.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu