riverside county shooting map

You won't be shooting/hunting in that yellow-shaded area. Get a forest map. Cleveland National Forest west of the 15 freeway is good to go for hunting. Need to find a point of access though. Also, the mountains around Lake Hemet (San Bernardino National Forest, I believe). Find the boundaries of the deer zones.

Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear. (Not that there are Bears in there, just offering that info to be complete)

Last edited:
Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear.
Yeah, there is a lot of game near Riverside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear.

The county ordinance NO. 514 states the 300 yards for use of a rifle. Print them out and carry then in your pack just in case you need to reference them in the field, especially with Park Rangers/ Forest Service. They are normally the first to try and kick you out of an area.

A good part of that yellow are is zone D19 and can be hunted there are places around there people target shoot and the local LOE s permit it. I used to live in Hemet and know the area well. There is also an upland game area near lake skinner off davis road.

Yeah, there is a lot of game near Riverside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't know about a lot, but hey... there's enough that I've been able to find some each year. Such as the fine specimen in my Avatar.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu