Ruger American .308

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Apr 19, 2011
Inland
Finally got out to shoot the new rifle. Laser bore sighted scope and sent 3 rinds down range at 100 yards. On paper but all over the place. Make a minor adjustment and rip # 4 down range , but what's thus, the scope let go inside....Cabelas Pine Ridge..they are taking it back. Probably get the Leupold in its place. Love the rifle and the trigger is awesome. Will update when fixed.

well thats not good. was it a cheap scope? doesnt seem right no matter I usually buy pretty cheap scopes in the 100-200 range (i have kids im not spendin much on scopes yet)
Ive never had anything like that happen and im not very nice to my scopes.

Mike,

Sorry to hear that..........I picked up Stefanie's Savage .243 today. It came with the cheapie Bushnell scope. Probably plenty good for her and fairly close range shooting.......I have a nice Nikon that may go on it after I sight in the Bushie tomorrow.

I think its the Leupold VX1? Like $199 or so....

John, your posts are corrupt! All we see is GSGS or The Bow shop banners.

Relax guys...we are installing and testing some forum upgrades and enhancements. The forum is working just fine... ;)

Huntndogs said:
Finally got out to shoot the new rifle. Laser bore sighted scope and sent 3 rinds down range at 100 yards. On paper but all over the place. Make a minor adjustment and rip # 4 down range , but what's thus, the scope let go inside....Cabelas Pine Ridge..they are taking it back. Probably get the Leupold in its place. Love the rifle and the trigger is awesome. Will update when fixed.

Huntndogs

sorry for the troubles & sorry about this no PM for this weekend got tied up.
hope you get it sorted out. I am sure the guys here can make plenty of suggestion on optics that will not break the bank.
my suggestion would be take a look at SWFA optics starts at $300. and can be shot with a 50 cal and will withstand the recoil.
It has been approved to be used by the military & for government use. & has been mill spec.
the turrets are exact MOA adjustments. the only con is it has set screws for the turret caps, but is a minor setback. change the setscrew to copper tipped setscrews as not to damage the outside diameter of the turret.

I know every one has their favorite equipment or optics. mine is just a constructive suggestion.

Best
Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu