RULES ON THE RESERVATION

steveo007

Curious are you allowed to travel through an Indian Reservation to reach national forest, if so are there any special rules, or regulations, or any do's and don'ts. Iv'e always steered clear of
reservations but there is a lot of CNF land adjacent to reservations. Thanks in advance for any usefull information, and the funny stuff is always welcome.

Big time gray area. I wouldn't make A habit your truck may probably will be vandalized. If make sure you know someone on the rez. I've got to go on a few with natives and wouldn't go with out them.(the grape vine says others had a problem with me there with permission) Ive Heard a horror story or two about getting the crap beat out of you and all your gear destroyed. Their land/home. You wouldn't want people driving threw your yard to get to there spot.

Be really careful around the Res. You can drive through it but you will find a locked gate at the edge of the Res.
The Indians wont tolerate a vehicle that they don't know parked on their property. They are the law there and they don't F around. I grew up close to one of the Reservations and know some of the members I have heard stories about what they do to vehicles up there.
My advice is don't do it.

I say we(you) do a test run Steve. Make sure you get lots of informative pics and let us know the all the do's and don'ts. We will be eagerly awaiting your results. ;)

Also heard a horror story of some guys that were positive they were hunting CNF land but it butted up against Rez land and they had to drive thru it to get to the spot. Got hassled to say the least...

Steve,

I've known many members and hunted reservation property.......I would NEVER hunt or park near/on their property without a member with me (and most members don't like this either)......Even our youth hunt in the Santa Ysabel Preserve has a buffer zone around the res there.

Driving thru a reservation, if it's a public road is different......ie: Black Canyon Rd (Mesa Grande Res), Boulder Creek (Inaja Res), Wildcat Cyn (Barona Res), etc. is ok....... Just don't stop or park to hunt........2 cents

Breacher said:
Unless your ready to play cowboys and Indians, I wouldn't.

Then again.... ;)

My nick name isn't cowboy for nothing!!

Back