RUT....

Cali Ridge Runner

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
I seen more rut activity back in September in one day than I have this past week. I have spent hours and hours glassing this past week in areas where I usually see groups of does with nice bucks and multiple bucks in some groups. This past week 2 whole days with out even seeing a deer and I have been covering ground with the spotting scope. Different areas of the county. I must say it is strange. The first week of general season I was seeing rut activity then its like a switch was turned off. I am thinking no rain and no cold stormy weather may acount for it. Other than that I am scratching my head. I tagged a buck yesterday but he was solo even with groups of does in the area. Hoping a really late rut and may be a good 2nd half of A22?

Seeing the same thing. I arrowed a small buck tonight but he was solo as well. Had does in the area but no bucks following.

I agree......Strange year......Tons more activity in my neck of the woods the 1st week of the season.....Remember though, the rut in SoCal can last over 3 months.

I agree......Strange year......Tons more activity in my neck of the woods the 1st week of the season.....Remember though, the rut in SoCal can last over 3 months.
There is one large group of deer ( 10-15) I typically watch through out the year. Usually 2nd half of Rifle there is a few bucks in the group. I found them yestaerday and only 11 does. Not one buck. I cant even remember the last time I found this group this time of year with no bucks. Not even a spike. I

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu