Saga of a CZ 600

White Smoke

Black powder rules!
May 2, 2011
Encinitas, CA
I won a CZ 600 in 223 Rem caliber a while back. Long story short, I put a shitload of ammo, both factory, factory match, and handloads through it and could not get it to group. I wound up sending it back for CZ to check it out. They checked it out, but could not get it to group well either, so they just sent me a new rifle. Same model and caliber. Thank you CZ.
While I was waiting for it to return, I loaded up a bunch of ammo to test the new rifle when it got back to me. I now have ladders using Varget, Benchmark and CFE223 with Barnes 55 MPG's, Hornady 53 V-max BT's, and Hornady 55 grain SP's (cheap ones for prairie dogs. #2266). I'm also testing out some of my AR loads just to see how they do in the CZ. Too much ammo for one session. I'll break it up into at least two days. Going to try to get a load using the MPG's first so I'll have at least one Kali-legal round for dogs. Second session with be concentrating on the Hornady 53's. If I really want to go crazy later, I have some Rl-15 I can try, but I think one of the three I have loaded now will work out fine. First range day is scheduled for next Thursday. Reports to follow.

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
I went to the range yesterday. I shot Benchmark with the Barnes 55 MPG bullet and the Hornady 53 V-max BT. 21.0 grains gave me a 0.51" group. Looking at the groups on either side of 21.0 leads me to believe that something like 22.3 will be the best load. the 53 V-max bullet gave me a 0.69" group with 23.5 grains of Benchmark. I just finished building some confirming and tweaking loads which I will shoot next Thursday in addition to a ladder of Hornady 55 grain SP bullets for prairie dogs.

Attachments

• 55MPG wB.jpg
    55MPG wB.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 53V wB.jpg
    53V wB.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 5
I went to the range yesterday. I shot Benchmark with the Barnes 55 MPG bullet and the Hornady 53 V-max BT. 21.0 grains gave me a 0.51" group. Looking at the groups on either side of 21.0 leads me to believe that something like 22.3 will be the best load. the 53 V-max bullet gave me a 0.69" group with 23.5 grains of Benchmark. I just finished building some confirming and tweaking loads which I will shoot next Thursday in addition to a ladder of Hornady 55 grain SP bullets for prairie dogs.

I would love to have that for the 'dogs in Montana...CZ.17 HMR........... ;)

034.JPG

Reactions: YETI

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu