Sage Grouse.....2018-19

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Just received a message from DFW.....Sage grouse (hens) will soon be under a point system like deer and other big game animals.....Possibly a good idea considering how hard it is to pull a tag.

The slippery slope part will be the $2.25 fee it will take to get a point.....Waterfowl hunting is already under a similar system for our refuges & wildlife areas.....And everyone knows how hard it is to get drawn.....Now just add $2.25 to that.....Will they get the idea of adding a fee to deer, elk, bighorn, etc?.....Wouldn't put it pass them.

Can turkey tags & draws be far away as well?

.https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/downlo...I1W9APQnr41qbh1WAWZM_jLMGYHG5zZROOYeWZBW-NzAx

So I assume that they are going to have a Sage Grouse season this year then? Wasn't it closed last year? (BTW Steve, the link doesn't work)

Eric,

What they closed last was the Mono/Inyo hunts, as I recall.....Link works fine for me.....You do have to open it.

Eric,

What they closed last was the Mono/Inyo hunts, as I recall.....Link works fine for me.....You do have to open it.
didn't work for me either
{"result":null,"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"651a1fef-44c2-c993-1c7b-2b006a010e00","resource":"/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-kjCS1y8bxL6pNfPBsaerNonmLppzMu0S4AwXUuVY8oqQZzvcMooza4j42TLJspV26F676llwJijNHGM9Rx73ng/messages/@.id==APMZ_lpFLMHfWvsO5A2BCNeOJQ8/content/parts/@.id==2/refresh"}}

Still opens for me....It was sent to me from the California Fish & Wildlife commission.....Maybe, it's not for public viewing yet.....It's a PDF file as well.

didn't work for me either
{"result":null,"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"651a1fef-44c2-c993-1c7b-2b006a010e00","resource":"/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-kjCS1y8bxL6pNfPBsaerNonmLppzMu0S4AwXUuVY8oqQZzvcMooza4j42TLJspV26F676llwJijNHGM9Rx73ng/messages/@.id==APMZ_lpFLMHfWvsO5A2BCNeOJQ8/content/parts/@.id==2/refresh"}}

That's what I get when I click on it too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu