Salton Sea 10 year plan

So 25 years later, adding ocean water from the Sea of Cortez is now a good idea.......hmmmmmm

Hopefully I don't lose friends over this plan but this is some serious BS. 100s of millions of dollars were completely wasted and likely by the same people who are now saying they have a plan

I pray I'm wrong and you guys can watch me eat BBQ'd crow if I am but this F'd state can't complete a train track across the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valley and we are putting faith in this?

Reactions: chessie
So 25 years later, adding ocean water from the Sea of Cortez is now a good idea.......hmmmmmm

Hopefully I don't lose friends over this plan but this is some serious BS. 100s of millions of dollars were completely wasted and likely by the same people who are now saying they have a plan

I pray I'm wrong and you guys can watch me eat BBQ'd crow if I am but this F'd state can't complete a train track across the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valley and we are putting faith in this?

Stefan,

Like I said......I'll believe it, when I see it...... ;)

ps....The canal/pipe line from Sea of Cortez was the only viable choice EVER!

Stefan,

Like I said......I'll believe it, when I see it...... ;)

ps....The canal/pipe line from Sea of Cortez was the only viable choice EVER!
Yup, the last year I saw Corvina in the Salton Sea was around 1996. Billy and I were fishing near Bombay and that was the first trip I saw fresh dead Corvina floating dead. They were dying all around us. 25 years ago

Sad what has happened. Unfortunately I do not see this ever being corrected. The politics involved they don't give a shit about the sea. I am of the opinion that it is being intentionally left to die so that the mine all the lithium that is underground for the BS electric vehicles and the batteries. No one ever mentions the true cost of an electric vehicle. They are NOT cheaper to run if all the costs were included

Sad what has happened. Unfortunately I do not see this ever being corrected. The politics involved they don't give a shit about the sea. I am of the opinion that it is being intentionally left to die so that the mine all the lithium that is underground for the BS electric vehicles and the batteries. No one ever mentions the true cost of an electric vehicle. They are NOT cheaper to run if all the costs were included

Mike,

I think your right on the money....The whole "Clean energy" thing is bull $hit....Follow the money trail...................:mad:

X2. The environmental damage of mining the lithium, then sending it to China to have it processed and build batteries (and have the Chinese dump crap in their nasty rivers in the process), then sell us back expensive ass batteries that eventually will land back in a dump as hazmat one day. Sure doesn't sound green to me.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Headed to Wister over the weekend via Redhill north on Davis and saw some work going on at Alcott. Stopped and chatted with one of the dozer operators, he said they are going to build another thermal plant there, that they will be extracting the lithium from. All being funded by GM and some other muckidy mucks.

So there is that, A big ass plant right on the south end of Wister........Mother puss bucket!!!

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Wow thanks garlic salt. That's just crazy. GM, Tesla, and others are coming to Niland. Good time to buy some properties?

One of the main objectives of the rehabilitation is to cover the dry seashore with the wetland areas to prevent the "toxic" materials (dust) deposited by the New and Alamo rivers from getting airborne. Saline water will be pumped from the far out in the sea and mixed with New River water to feed the habitat areas. Whether or not hunting will be allowed is yet to be seen.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu