San Diego public land pigs!

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Well I got lost on a dirt road about 2 momths ago and found some rooting that has been there for over 3 years. It's a hard place to hunt no way to glass and so thick that when the dogs get one bayed up it takes a bulldozer to get to them. Have had a few walk out into the meadows where we don't have to use the dogs. I'll post a picture when I get back to the computer. On one weekend we killed 4 in one morning with the dogs. One sow had an ear tag she was about 150 lbs and all feral. I bet a few hunters bought some wild pigs and just let them go. She only had her 4th year molars so I doubt she was part of the ones from the Res.

So get out there and look for some pigs. Water is the key right now but not all water means there are pigs around.

That's all I want to say because right now it's my group of friends a numb nut and one local that's hunting this area.

mark i hate you......

Back in the office....here you go!
The first one we killed with the dogs and the other with out.

The rest are from a game cam we have in the area we Hunt, all day time pictures the night time pictures has way more pigs with a lot of piglets!

Attachments

• pig1.JPG
    pig1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • pig2.JPG
    pig2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • GC1.JPG
    GC1.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 368
  • GC2.JPG
    GC2.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 373
  • GC3.JPG
    GC3.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 360
Damn you're good!

It's damn near impossible to bow hunt them right now but when the rains come the corn chips shouldn't be an issue.

Nice! Excellent job on your pups. I haven't been able to run my dogs due to crazy work schedule but hopefully I can get them out soon. How far does your Jags range?

Its pretty rad that you guys are seeing pigs near Wildomar. I'll be out there tomorrow

Thanks guy!

It's been a blast nothing like finding pigs an hour away.......now in a few years, a good wet winter and the hired trappers push these pigs around this type of thread will be common place. I put money on it that one day they will be in the IV.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu