San Felipe WA question

garrettlandon

Nov 30, 2015
Haven't been on here in some time but had a question about San Felipe WA and I imagine some of you guys may know the answer.

Years ago the San Felipe map showed two large areas as closed to the public. Now the map only shows one of the areas as closed.

1. Does anyone know why the areas were closed to begin with and how the one area was able to open up after a few years?

2. Why is there still the one closed area in/near the mountains?

I looked at the management plan and couldn't find anything pointing to why it's closed.

Hope everyone has had a great season so far. Turkey can't come soon enough, A22 kicked my ass.

Garrett

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Garrett,

Part of the original plan was to open sections a little at a time...The area around Edwards Ranch and Arkansas Canyon will probably never get opened...The fact that they opened all the area next to Borrego State Park is a miracle...They also opened the Granite Mt Unit...DFG Region 5 management makes these decisions.

Reactions: garrettlandon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu