San J draw/youth hunt info

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Good morning. Just got back into duck hunting after a 10+ year hiatus. When I did hunt before, it would be at the river, or at Barrett lake down here. I have never put in for any of the wildlife area draws.

So a couple days ago I logged in under my son's account and applied for the last couple of hunts that are still open, including the youth hunt. I got a receipt showing 2 choices for "Waterfowl Multi choice" hunts/applications. So, is that all I need to do, sit back and wait to get notified if he was drawn? I am not sure what the odds are of being drawn for the youth hunt, but when do they usually let you know?

Thanks for any info.....

Bump.... Anyone? Sound like I did it correctly? Will I get an email if he gets drawn for the junior hunt?

Sounds like you did it correctly. I get notified by email because I checked the box that says so.
The draws are usually about 2 weeks before the hunt and I always check my draw results though the licensing website. The same place where you picked the hunt days is also where you can see the results of whether you were successful or not

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu