san J report 1-7-2015

S

stikbrandon

So my buddy Tom (70 YRS OLD) calls me up couple weeks ago and said " Hey boy i got a number 7 draw at San j on the 7Th ! you in?"

told him hell yea I'm in..... we met at my house at 2 am shot to San J got our blind and went to set up. were sitting there waiting for shoot time , i sh*t you guys not, these refuge people don't care about shoot times..... 12 Min's before shoot time these guys start blasting the ducks......

we could have had at least 30 more shots then we did if we would have just started blasting with everybody else. we didn't need any warden issues so we decided to just wait for the horn. turn out to be a good choice cause 9 Hollywood bird dropped in on our deiks and hung around till the horn ;D ....... shot 2 out of the group and they were gone ! my dog has been on fire lately. she was pulling 70+ yard straight line retrieves. finding lost birds in the tulle's, not breaking after the shots and really starting to get the picture.

lost 1 Hollywood to the next blind over , must have nicked him cause he was hurt but could still glide while dropping fast and the guys next to him smoked him..

all in all it was and awesome shoot and a sight to watch my dog work.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    819.8 KB · Views: 49
that's awesome. I cant wait for next duck season so i can get back into duck hunting again. I just could not pull everything i needed together this season to hunt the so cal areas. new waders, decoys......

GSPman said:
that's awesome. I cant wait for next duck season so i can get back into duck hunting again. I just could not pull everything i needed together this season to hunt the so cal areas. new waders, decoys......

To me man in the refuge, less decoys are more ... Especially later in the season .

Nice going, Brandon........It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate people are....Tom makes it very clear there's a horn.....This is the 1st time I've heard of someone shooting early out there though.

ilovesprig said:
Nice going, Brandon........It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate people are....Tom makes it very clear there's a horn.....This is the 1st time I've heard of someone shooting early out there though.

San j is typically good about waiting for the horn, Tom said it was because of the full moon.... It was bright , like shadow casting bright at 15 mins before shoot time.... Non the less people just do not pay attention.

Outstanding Brandon. Your pooch looks like he is getting the hang of this. Good for you guys and great photo!

NBK said:
Outstanding Brandon. Your pooch looks like he is getting the hang of this. Good for you guys and great photo!

Thanks bro

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu