San Jacinto first timer

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
So I was lucky and got drawn for San J this next Sat. 11/28. This will be my 2nd time duck hunting and not familiar with the area. 1st time was a few weeks back at Wister.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Super easy, when you go to pick your spot tell the employee (Tom) it's my first time and I need help. He will give you what he thinks is the best spot

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
The staff is not always helpful, so use your own judgement. In general, try to stay in the middle of a group of blinds and avoid the outside edges. Shoot everything that looks like a duck in the first 30 mins because the birds settle down quickly after that.

The staff is not always helpful, so use your own judgement. In general, try to stay in the middle of a group of blinds and avoid the outside edges. Shoot everything that looks like a duck in the first 30 mins because the birds settle down quickly after that.
You went to SJ and Tom wasn't helpful?

A new duck hunter "shooting at everything that looks like a duck" at gray light, what could go wrong? Gotta love a 4 ibis, 3 pintail limit.

What a buffoon

George...Thank you for inviting me...I really did have a good time, despite very few ducks and even less shooting...You take the good with the bad...It was really cool seeing Tom get his very 1st duck (buffie) and talking to you both about waterfowling...Till next time.

.View attachment 46965View attachment 46966View attachment 46967View attachment 46971View attachment 46972View attachment 46973
Steve, It was a pleasure and an honor getting to sit along side you in the blind yesterday. It was great having Trigger and Coley out there also.

I know Tom is hooked just like I was after my first duck hunt a couple weeks ago at Wister. We will be getting after it again next Sunday at Wister. I got a high reservation but we will try to make the best outta it. We both took home a buffie and Tom also got a ruddy and he can't wait to try making those ruddy poppers you told him about.

If I hadn’t been feeling under the weather the past week, I would have had you come by for a cold one. Congrats on a little success, sure beats a skunk.

PS, the field by my house was full of ducks yesterday morning. Don’t know what interest they have over there, but I could hear them quacking pretty loud.

If I hadn’t been feeling under the weather the past week, I would have had you come by for a cold one. Congrats on a little success, sure beats a skunk.

PS, the field by my house was full of ducks yesterday morning. Don’t know what interest they have over there, but I could hear them quacking pretty loud.

Bob,

is it shootsble? Lol

There’s another field by ski land lake that gets filled up with honkers by the hundreds, if not thousands. Can’t hunt that field either

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu