San Jacinto Wed 11-2

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Hey guys My wife and i BOTH got drawn for San J for next Wednesday. We got a 30 and a 43. Last year we got picked for 1 day. this year 3 so far. We had a great day on Sunday at wister and met a great guy from here Josh that showed us some great tips and tricks since we are new to duck hunting.

so we are now both drawn for the same day and the same place . So who did not get drawn that wants to go!!!! we will have some space in 2 blinds.

Also if she checks in and has 2-3 people with her and i check in and have 2-3 people with me can the people switch blinds as long as no blind has more then the max for that blind or do you have to stay at your assigned blind? could we both check in then just give our blind to other group and her and i hunt together?

The only one that can tell you for sure is Tom at San Jacinto. My gut feeling is that it will be a no as they're pretty strict about not adding someone a sweat line draw if they show up late. During the "morning briefing" Tom always says that all people that might hunt in your blind have to be on the list before the draw. No add ons, so I can't see him allowing musical blinds. But, again, it would be up to him and whatever rules the DFW has laid out for him to go by. Since you have a little more then a week give him a call and ask...951-928-0580.

Thanks I've talked to tom a few times I'll give him a call. In any event we have some space if any one wants to tag along.

We also got a #11 draw for the 6th at wister if any one wants to come out for that. I'd like to learn from other guys and help get some ducks put away and meet new people so...

The only one that can tell you for sure is Tom at San Jacinto. My gut feeling is that it will be a no as they're pretty strict about not adding someone a sweat line draw if they show up late. During the "morning briefing" Tom always says that all people that might hunt in your blind have to be on the list before the draw. No add ons, so I can't see him allowing musical blinds. But, again, it would be up to him and whatever rules the DFW has laid out for him to go by. Since you have a little more then a week give him a call and ask...951-928-0580.

Pretty much this......I know at Wister you can not switch blinds or get other people on a res unless you're (res holder) is hunting with them.....Unless you plan on hunting in a different blind than your wife, you may have to burn the #43.

Burn the 43. Don't add anyone and hunt all day. You need to do that a lot during early season.

With that said, having a seasoned waterfowler with you could be a good thing too. You can learn a lot on those slow days especially with someone talking with you in the blind about waterfowling.

Also, even though I would plan on it being slow, birds can show up at anytime. There are some "November doldrums" that are wigeon heaven, but guys don't post about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the help. I joked about finding another couple and letting the girls hunt one blind and the guys hunt the other. Then see who gets more birds but I figured the girls would probably just go back to the truck and have breakfast and talk and get there hair done and leave all the decoys out for the guys to clean up.

So I'll just toss the second reservation.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu