San Jacinto Wildlife Area – Free Hunter Education Course Offered, Saturday, April 27th

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
San Jacinto Wildlife Area will be hosting a free state-mandated Hunter’s Education course on Saturday, April 27th, 2019. If you want to get a hunting license this is the class you need to take to get your license.

I took my first class in 1970 lol.
Lost my certificate in the 2003 fire.
I actually had to do the test the fish and game range which is now PK2000, I actually was asked to show rifle handling and Marksman ship skills. Past in flying colors.
I retook the hunter safety with my son in law so he could get his license. I took it to get my certificate renewed. Lol 47 years later.

San Jacinto Wildlife Area will be hosting a free state-mandated Hunter’s Education course on Saturday, April 27th, 2019. If you want to get a hunting license this is the class you need to take to get your license.

Great Info!! Thank you.
I want my wife to take the course and get her license. Now I will check to see where I can go Turkey hunting that day after I drop My wife at San Jacinto.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
It was a bad joke Steve. I don’t think of modern day Compton as a place to go get hunters safety. Probably a completely different town back in the 50s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
It was a bad joke Steve. I don’t think of modern day Compton as a place to go get hunters safety. Probably a completely different town back in the 50s.

Drew,

OK....Now I get it....:joy:

Compton was a beautiful town when I was raised in North Long Beach....And yes, 1959....Shot my 1st deer that year.

Reactions: TRICER
Besides the hunter safety test I would encourage the DFW to provide waterfowl ID tests. Back in NY as a teen we did that as part of the hunter safety a long time ago. The doc attached is an old one, but the Navy Base at Point Mugu requires hunters to take an ID test. Newest ID test in the link.

Attachments

• test_waterfowlID.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Waterfowl ID course would be great. To hunt in NM you have to take a mountain lion ID so you ID between female and male lions.
Only problem with CA is if they put on more hunter training it would take away from all their time spent hunter banning. It’s easier to eliminate and regulate rather than educate apparently.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu