Savage Axis II

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
Picked her up today. Can't wait to hit the range and it is much better than my old 32 Special with open sights!

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 27
Msailer - make sure you tighten up the scope bases and rings at minimum. They are not torqued at the factory. Best to disassemble, degrease and reassemble with lock-tight.

Just saying...

Can't wait to take it to the range and dial it in. Just sent in my $50.00 rebate too. It has a acure trigger so I will be learning how to adjust that if need be.

I have the standard Axis but did a trigger job on it, super accurate rifle, love mine, I had to switch out scope mounts , stock ones would move no matter how tight they were.....

Wiley

which mounts did you use. I have not had an issue yet. also wanted to add, that using the thread locker blue medium strength, don't have the number in front of me, works great for the stuff that vibrates loose. I use that stuff on my hot rod like there's no tomorrow. old cars vibrate a lot.

Ghost

I think I used the leupold tall mounts, can't remember. .but the tall mounts gave more clearance for the bolt too... axis 2 might have different mounts than the standard Axis..

Also I bought the one piece base to allow the scope to go farther back to get the correct eye relief. .

So much better when you get the scope where it's comfortable, it always felt like I had to climb up on the stock to get a good sight picture. ..you probably know what I'm talking about. ..I will try and find you the part # when I get home tonight

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu