Say Hello this Weekend by Henshaw

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
Hi All,
If you see me this weekend say hi and I'll give you the neighborly scoop on how things are going along with shaking your hand as a gregarious member of the SCH community.

Attached is a picture of me from today and so I will look a lot like this over the weekend. I also included the car I'll be driving so that if you see it you will also recognize me.

Secondly I attached a photo of the cabins where I'll be staying Friday and Saturday night (By Lake Henshaw). So if you are staying there also then definitely find me to say Hi.

If all goes well I'll fill my G13 (antler less deer tag this weekend).

I love the Henshaw cabins.....Jacob & I may be up after duck hunting.....He's got a pretty good trail we've been watching up there..... ;)

Good luck, Dan

So thats an open invite to backstrap and beer at your cabin... WHOOP WHOOP ....

I might pass up opening day and just drive up there...

I just arrived. Very nice cabin (all the basics). Turkeys are about 20 yards from the front porch scratching for acorns. Met a hunter while checking in and they have a hunter's special ribeye on the menu this weekend.

I stopped at the Palomar Ranger's office on the way up here to ask about forest access points I may not have been aware of. Rangers was very helpful!

Nice.......Cabin 13 has always been my favorite.......Good luck tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF1154.JPG
    DSCF1154.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • turkey opener 2012 011.JPG
    turkey opener 2012 011.JPG
    591.2 KB · Views: 12
Scouted some new spots from the ranger (and someone has a tent setup at the entrance to my usual spot). While checking out the new spots I bumped a doe. So I think that I'll start in that spot even though the last I saw of the deer it was heading out.

Turkeys in the photo.

I'm back out in the field til sundown.

Seems very quiet for opening weekend. Fewer folks at the cabins today when compared to yesterday. Even quiet on the forum (no announcements of D16 bucks down yet and no G13 doe down either).
I haven't run into any SCH members yet but maybe I will at dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu