Scbs 29 palms guzzler project 1/3/20

I’m still out here. Leaving now.
We have a great turn out. It was nice seeing so many volunteers.
Fastest bighorn guzzler I’ve seen put together. Project started Friday morning and was completed Saturday by 1 pm.

very cool... so you fill them with a water truck? how often do you need to fill them?

They are filled by rain water. If the math is correct 2” of rain on the collection mats are enough to fill both tanks.

Reactions: Kellendv
Leon would be proud ! God rest his soul.

Great work by the volunteers and thank you for the contributions!

Congrats to you BigCim, question What is the life of the collection mats you lay out to channel water ? I have seen tin panels in other states but never this. The tin required up keep and did not always get it so what do you expect ?

Congrats to you BigCim, question What is the life of the collection mats you lay out to channel water ? I have seen tin panels in other states but never this. The tin required up keep and did not always get it so what do you expect ?

The mats have an extremely long life. 50+ years easy. Some of the first systems that were installed, the mats used were already 25 years old prior to install.

Very very cool... please feel free to post links to the group i am sure they take donations and maybe some of our SCH peeps might want to contribute

I will try and keep you guys posted on new projects as they're being scheduled.
Remember the Big Horn sheep are not the only animals that benefit from these guzzlers. Its everything, from mule deer to quail and even turtles and bees.
Because of this we have volunteers from a lot of different organizations come out to help (Quail unlimited, Cal-deer, WFW, ect.)
We were fortunate to have had a great turn out on this project, but on a lot of them we could definitely use the extra help.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu