Scouting for duck in Owens Valley

josh

Aug 30, 2012
www.exoticpetnetwork.com
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be heading out to Owens Valley tomorrow to do some scouting for possible duck locations. I think we'll be near the Owens River between Bishop and Big Pine - a long stretch - I know, but if anyone has any tips for this area, please let me know.

Thanks!

We found a decent looking place right off highway 395. Does anyone else hunt this area? It'd be great to meetup with someone
We were further south than I initially thought we'd be... Closer to Olancha than Big Pine. And closer to the dry lake bed than the Owens River.

I was thinking of doing some waterfowl hunting up that way when I went up there to do some fishing but ended up going before waterfowl opened. I've been thinking of going up again. Is using a kayak to float the river considered legal?

Well, we went back but we only saw a few ducks all day. I shot an American Coot. My second bird ever. Gotta make some gumbo out of him.
I guess as it continues to cool down it'll be better hunting up there

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu