SD charter boat fishing??

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Can somebody or multiple people recomend any charter boat fishing out of San Diego? I want to go fishing on Saturday, but don't want to waste my money on a crappy boat. I'm solo so I can't charter an entire boat by myself.. I also do not have any saltwater gear so I'll need the charter to provide that as well, even if an xtra fee.. Don't really care on the catch, but hoping for some yellow tail, rock fish, lingcod and halibut.. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks much!

you can rent the gear at the landing.

the broader question of which boat has a lot of variables:
how long do you want to fish?
what do you hope to catch?
how much are you willing to spend?

check out 976-tuna for a list of landings, boats, and catch
https://www.976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/wrapup.php

Whats your price range, and how long do you want to be on the water?
for a 3/4 day trip if your learning i would recommend the Malahini out of H&M Landing.
Normally i would recommend the San Diego out of Seaforth but its a boat with a lot of regulars and i feel that the crew doesn't make time for beginners, with that said..... the San Diego is always putting good fish on the deck and i would attribute that to the knowledge of the captain and the anglers that fish that boat are regulars and are seasoned.

In my personal opinion take a multi day trip. Going on a 3-5 day trip is your best bet. Lots of time on the water and a lot of time to make up for missed opportunity and mistakes. There is often less then 25 guys on a long range trip which allows the crew to be more personable and have more time to focus on each individual angler when they have a fish on. The price is steam but longer time on the water really helps you et around the learning curve on a boat with 60+ people that may or may not have any idea and a crew focusing on making sure the regulars are landing their fish

Check out the searcher out of fisherman's landing, its the boat I fish 2-3 times a season ranging in 3-7 day trips. Great crew, great captain and always targeting the better quality fish.

Thanks for the replies guys. So I can only due a 1/2 or 3/4 day trip this time due to other plans later in the evening. I'm hoping just to catch some fresh fish. Like I said,yellow tail, rock fish, lingcod, halibut maybe? Whatever.
I'm not new to fishing, but definitely new to fishing in Socal. Did a ton in wa. Lots of salmon, trout, steelhead and tuna.. Just never been down here. I know how to tie knots and get myself in the water.. Maybe I'll give the San Diego a try this time and see what they've got.. Just for the other questions, I feel okay paying $125-$150 for a 3/4 day fishing..

Tbob said:
Thanks for the replies guys. So I can only due a 1/2 or 3/4 day trip this time due to other plans later in the evening. I'm hoping just to catch some fresh fish. Like I said,yellow tail, rock fish, lingcod, halibut maybe? Whatever.
I'm not new to fishing, but definitely new to fishing in Socal. Did a ton in wa. Lots of salmon, trout, steelhead and tuna.. Just never been down here. I know how to tie knots and get myself in the water.. Maybe I'll give the San Diego a try this time and see what they've got.. Just for the other questions, I feel okay paying $125-$150 for a 3/4 day fishing..
The San Diego is the perfect choice. They will not disappoint

The San Diego will put you on wish..... but be prepared for some salt... (from my experience).

It's been hit & miss out there with the conditions wait for a few hot days and no wind before you hop on!

all the 3/4 day boats are running to the rock pile, don't forget your pass port, cant fish within 12 miles of mexico without it. wont let you on the boat

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu