Seeking donated Youth Hunting clothes.

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
Here is the story.

One day I showed up at the bottom of a long trail at around 4 am to hike and hunt a mountain I have never been on a zone I had little scouting

This guy in his 30s and his son who is now 13 were getting ready to get on the trial. I asked all kinds of questions. He must have sensed that I was a little worried about going all the way up there by myself. So he asked me if I wanted to join?
As I walked behind them I couldn't help to notice, the quiet boy had a pair of pants that were huge on him, most likely belonged to his dad, he pulled that thing up every other step, he was wearing a black hoodie and he looked like he was cold, I offered him my gloves and jacket but he declined. He was obviously underdressed for a 40 Degree morning hunt. But he kept up, he smiled every time we found deer tracks in the darkness and he would pick up deer poop and crush it to see if it was fresh all with a big smile on his face. His boots were a $30 pair from Big5 that had seen better days.
As the day went by and we got hungry and they handed me a piece of their sandwich. These people have never met me before but they welcome me into their hunt.

After glassing for a while I let the kid use my 15x56 binos and he was stoked. They only had 1 pair of binos and they looked rather small.

I ended up spotting a really nice Buck that day but lost him in the bush. We decided to go and track the Buck. Before I realized it the Dad and his son were spent. I felt bad and suggested we call it a day.

I stayed in contact with them since, and I have hunted with them a couple of times. I hunt by myself mostly but when they invite me I go. I know they could use my help with a Buck if they were to get lucky and they are nice people. Every time I see them they share the very little they have.

The dad has 4 kids and a wife who is a stayed at home mom. He works in a retail store and I can tell hunting clothes for the kids are not a top priority but they love to hunt and I know with Christmas around the corner some hunting gear would make the boy very happy.

I don't have kids so I have no access to used hunting clothes for kids. But I am planning on buying the kid a decent pair of Votex Binos for Christmas.

I was wondering if you have any youth-size hunting clothes you would consider donating? I would put them in a box and put them in the mail for them. I am sure they would appreciate it.

I don't want to mention their names or post their picture because I would not want to offend them. The Dad is a good working family man.

I wouldn't know what size pants would the boy wear but he is 13 and not a big or tall kid. I would imagine he could wear adult size small in shirts.

Cheers.

WG,

Don't know where they live or you for that matter, but I would like to take the boy to Turner's, Sportsman's Warehouse and I'll buy him some stuff...I have some NWTF t-shirts and hats as well.....Just send me a PM.
The live in Indo. I will send you a PM.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Here is the story.

One day I showed up at the bottom of a long trail at around 4 am to hike and hunt a mountain I have never been on a zone I had little scouting

This guy in his 30s and his son who is now 13 were getting ready to get on the trial. I asked all kinds of questions. He must have sensed that I was a little worried about going all the way up there by myself. So he asked me if I wanted to join?
As I walked behind them I couldn't help to notice, the quiet boy had a pair of pants that were huge on him, most likely belonged to his dad, he pulled that thing up every other step, he was wearing a black hoodie and he looked like he was cold, I offered him my gloves and jacket but he declined. He was obviously underdressed for a 40 Degree morning hunt. But he kept up, he smiled every time we found deer tracks in the darkness and he would pick up deer poop and crush it to see if it was fresh all with a big smile on his face. His boots were a $30 pair from Big5 that had seen better days.
As the day went by and we got hungry and they handed me a piece of their sandwich. These people have never met me before but they welcome me into their hunt.

After glassing for a while I let the kid use my 15x56 binos and he was stoked. They only had 1 pair of binos and they looked rather small.

I ended up spotting a really nice Buck that day but lost him in the bush. We decided to go and track the Buck. Before I realized it the Dad and his son were spent. I felt bad and suggested we call it a day.

I stayed in contact with them since, and I have hunted with them a couple of times. I hunt by myself mostly but when they invite me I go. I know they could use my help with a Buck if they were to get lucky and they are nice people. Every time I see them they share the very little they have.

The dad has 4 kids and a wife who is a stayed at home mom. He works in a retail store and I can tell hunting clothes for the kids are not a top priority but they love to hunt and I know with Christmas around the corner some hunting gear would make the boy very happy.

I don't have kids so I have no access to used hunting clothes for kids. But I am planning on buying the kid a decent pair of Votex Binos for Christmas.

I was wondering if you have any youth-size hunting clothes you would consider donating? I would put them in a box and put them in the mail for them. I am sure they would appreciate it.

I don't want to mention their names or post their picture because I would not want to offend them. The Dad is a good working family man.

I wouldn't know what size pants would the boy wear but he is 13 and not a big or tall kid. I would imagine he could wear adult size small in shirts.

Cheers.
I wish I had more to offer, but God Bless your efforts on their behalf. The world needs more people that consider the needs/wants of others. If you want to send me your address (or ilovesprig's address) I'll send a small contribution to the pot.

I wish I had more to offer, but God Bless your efforts on their behalf. The world needs more people that consider the needs/wants of others. If you want to send me your address (or ilovesprig's address) I'll send a small contribution to the pot.Thank you so much is the thought that count.
Than you so much but cash is not necessary.
I will figure something out.

My boy might have some left over from his teenage years. I’m sure they’re practically new, he wasn’t much interested in hunting unless it was part of a video game.

Reactions: Wildgame
Here is the story.

Cheers.
Give us some sort of size that would fit, Had two stepsons that are grown and gone now and my wife is junior size. I thrift store donated most stuff but might have some gear left that I could give you.

Reactions: Wildgame
Sorry guys was hunting yesterday
The boy is size 32 x30 in pants I llwas told.
I would imagine small or medium adult size in shirts.
As,any teenager he might be growing fast so bigger size will probably work.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Last call..a big Shout out to TJ from San Diego for a full bag.20211031_185157.jpg20211031_190516.jpg16357325473423035883225218964594.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu