Shed Hunting

bassin_rob

Nov 7, 2016
Got out on a nature walk with my pup yesterday to look for some sheds. Intended to be back to the truck by 12, but 12 quickly became 3 oclock and the nature walk turned into 12 miles. Found 3 fresh ones and one that was so old there was only a base and a eye guard left. One thing I’ve noticed shed hunting is I generally find the sheds all about the same elevation. I hiked high and low yesterday but all the ones I found, and that I have found in the past in this spot have all been in the same general area. There is a big section of meadow that buts up against a hill. Everything I have ever found has been maybe 1/3rd or so of the way up the hill. Never found em in the flats and never found them farther up or at the top of the hill. They are by no means in the same spot towards the base of the hill either. Super spred out, but all close to the base of the hill. I’m newer to shed hunting, is this a common place they tend to be? Or maybe just a coincidence? Anyone else gotten out and found anything worth while this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob,

Is your lab finding them?....Deer rich area for SD.
Lol. I wish. If you could see the video I took of him yesterday kicking a shed and standing over the top having no clue it was there you would die laughing. All though with the 2nd and 3rd ones I found he was right next to me and seemed to see em about the same time I did.

Lol. I wish. If you could see the video I took of him yesterday kicking a shed and standing over the top having no clue it was there you would die laughing. All though with the 2nd and 3rd ones I found he was right next to me and seemed to see em about the same time I did.
I saw that, funnier than hell! He was doing circles around it!!

Reactions: bassin_rob

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu