shed hunting

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
any sheds found?

going up to the sierras next month for the opener. anyone ever shed hunted the herd off the 395. is this even possible?

Reactions: Hunter527
Truth nic....nothing but truth...nice bone.

I have walked so many miles that I have lost count, but I have never found a shed. And I have been where no man usually walks through... One day... my friend... one day...

I feel your pain Fabian..I was out in Julian last week on a 20 acre property and public land hoping to find a shed but no luck. I saw about 30 deer which was great but all were either on private or state land.. I saw 3 buck and the rest were does. 2 of the bucks had both antlers and 1 of them only had one so they are starting to drop. I did find a Turkey feather which was nice. Keep at it brother!

Reactions: Dawnandusk
any sheds found?

going up to the sierras next month for the opener. anyone ever shed hunted the herd off the 395. is this even possible?
I’ve been thinking about taking a trip up to X9B aka the Goodale unit to shed hunt for a couple years. I hope you find some up there, make sure to post how it goes. With the quality of bucks that get taken during the Goodale hunt theres gotta be some great sheds in there. I’ll definitely shed hunt up there sometime in the future, just don’t know when, hopefully next year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu