Shooting and hiking at ocotillo....big horns...

Matt F.

Mar 6, 2013
Before anyone blasts me and thinks I shot at bighorns I didn't but I saw quite a few...so went out to ocotillo yesterday to dial in the new Bravo Company Ar 15 upper by some miracle I got a few days ago. Ran into pipeline project guys, the border patrol and some critters. I checked with both the pipeline project and wind project guys to find out where they were as not to
alarm them if they heard shots. When one of the guys asked if it was "sheep season?" I said I didn't believe so but inquired as to where he saw them, he pointed to the hills, so I decided to take my ar for a hike and ran into the BP who I greeted and were super friendly and helpful as always (seriously they were nice as can be). Decided to drive a little further out and hike up a hill and low and behold I saw three sheep on the next hill over....no idea if this helps anyone but I thought I'd mention it....got the ar upper all dialed in and got to see some bigger sheep! Not a bad day

You can't hunt them but very cool that you saw them. I posted some pictures a while back of sheep in the same area.

welcome to the site! lets see some photos of your ar :)

So it's a BCM upper, with a 16" chrome lined 1x7 barrel, BCM bottle carrier group, BCM BFH flat top upper, also has a BCM charging handle,Vtac alpha 11" handguard with larue handstops and picatunny rail covers, magpul bus (going back to larue buis ASAP), with a Mepro M-21t reflex sight (has no batteries and uses a fiber optic collector originally developed for the IDF) I also have the 3x magnifier which isn't on in the pics, the lower is a Kaiser Defense lower with a single stage mil spec trigger, magpul moe grip (that is about to get a stiple job) mated to a Vltor stock with a rubber pad (I'm getting to be a wimp haha) I mainly built it for "bad" circumstances and yes it is Ca. compliant with a bullet button. The last pic also has my favorite side arm my sig 1911 with night sights (from Fine Firearms in La Mesa), it has warrior grips and a streamlight on it. Hope you all enjoy the gun pics

Gonna take it Yote hunting on Sunday and scout around for some turkey spots (just bought my first semi-auto beretta shotgun also from fine firearms) as I bought both my pig and bird stamps this week and looking forward to hunting again. Ill hopefully have a report for you all Sunday night. Big thanks to John and everyone else at fine firearms for all the help! Really wish I'd known what breed Emma was!!! Got a tikka t-3 stainless coming from them as well for pigs!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Nice to have you on the website Matt. Good looking hardware too!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu