Shooting at Taft High

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
If you guys have heard, this was at my school. My friend was shot, he took a 12 gauge shot to his shoulder hitting his diaphragm and lung. He went through surgery, and will be okay. All prayers and thoughts will be appreciated.
The shooter was mentally ill, he has threatened to kill a lot of people, which I have witnessed. Thanks to the teacher who saved many life's.

Hope your bud is OK......Thoughts out to him for a speedy recovery!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/10/taft-high-school-shooting_n_2449261.html

Lungpopper said:
WOW sorry to hear about your friend.
So this kid was going around threatening to kill people? I'm guessing nobody took him seriously.

Yes, this kid was mentally unstable. He got suspended last year for having a "hit list" of the people he wanted to kill. My freshman year he almost stabbed my friend with a screw driver in woodshop class, claiming he wanted to kill him.

Thanks guys! It's been a long day...
I sit right next to this kid in a class and we talk every single day, just goes to show this can happen to anyone at anytime....

Really sorry to hear about your friend!!!
Our family's thoughts and prayers are with him.

It's funny all you are hearing on the news is how he was bullied into doing this. No mention of his prior actions.

Glad you are ok dude, hang in there

Aeon said:
It's funny all you are hearing on the news is how he was bullied into doing this. No mention of his prior actions.

Glad you are ok dude, hang in there

This kid was definitely not bullied.. I tried to become his friend and he didnt want to be friends with anyone. He is crazy. He's threatened to stab/shoot people for the last 2 1/2 years..
But anyways my friend went through his 2nd surgery and will make a full recovery. He lost 16 pints of blood yesterday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu