Shooting Range Questions

CaptZachSparrow

Jan 28, 2015
Hey y'all Im looking for a place to sight in my rifle and shoot a few rounds through my handguns as well. Any suggestions on a good place around SD or within an hour or so drive? Thanks.

South Bay Rod and Gun Club has a range of Marron Valley Rd. Its off the 94 near the town of Dulzura.

1020 Marron Valley Road, Dulzura, CA 91917 (619)468-3070

Lungpopper said:
Here you go.

http://www.p2krange.com/
X2. Call before to check the schedule on cease fires though. They have cease fires on the rifle range (100 yds) at every hour or so lasting 30 mins which can be a PITA if you time it wrong. Plus they have u proof your rifle on the 25 yd range first which is simple but takes up time. But all in all its a solid place and everyone's cool and helpful there.

P2k in east El Cajon is good, but read SurfNHuntSD's post carefully because it's good info. SBRGC is a little out of the way but has great RSO's and you can shoot from 50-300 yards in each lane. It's outside, so the wind can be a factor. There is a new (indoor) place on Scripps Poway Parkway that Msteiger turned me on to: very quick safety quiz, and no proving target requirement or cease-fires because the targets for each lane are controlled electronically for distances up to 100 yards. If you only have an hour to shoot, you'll get a full hour in the lane and the prices are reasonable. Here is the link:
http://www.weaponsandgearrange.com/
If you just want to use BLM land, there are a couple of spots on on/near the East grade of Otay Mtn that get lots of use, or head out to the desert. Clean up after yourself, please. Doesn't hurt to check with the BLM agent, name is Funk; he's a good guy and can tell you where people shoot.

Bonejour said:
P2k in east El Cajon is good, but read SurfNHuntSD's post carefully because it's good info. SBRGC is a little out of the way but has great RSO's and you can shoot from 50-300 yards in each lane. It's outside, so the wind can be a factor. There is a new (indoor) place on Scripps Poway Parkway that Msteiger turned me on to: very quick safety quiz, and no proving target requirement or cease-fires because the targets for each lane are controlled electronically for distances up to 100 yards. If you only have an hour to shoot, you'll get a full hour in the lane and the prices are reasonable. Here is the link:
If you just want to use BLM land, there are a couple of spots on on/near the East grade of Otay Mtn that get lots of use, or head out to the desert. Clean up after yourself, please. Doesn't hurt to check with the BLM agent, name is Funk; he's a good guy and can tell you where people shoot.

I was out to the east side of otay mnt. in November the areas were still closed to target shooting, only lawful pursuit of game animals, not sure now?

steveo007 said:
Bonejour said:

I was out to the east side of otay mnt. in November the areas were still closed to target shooting, only lawful pursuit of game animals, not sure now?

I was out in the area on New Years Day. It was open right after the last rains we had.

I was out in the area on New Years Day. It was open right after the last rains we had.
[/quote]

Yes it is open I suggest getting out there before 8am before the crowds start showing up. Especially pink gate.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu