Shooting

badyellowdog

Apr 19, 2015
Hey guys, me and a few guys were looking to head out and do a free shoot on sunday. But the couple of areas that I used to go to are either crowded or have had issues with BLM because they didn't pick up their brass and trash, which me and my guys do everytime. Any areas that you could point me to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and happy hunting.

I would like to stay local if possible (san diego county) we were heading out on BLM over by delzura but some people had to ruin that spot.

I haven't been to the pink gate in awhile but that's a popular spot north of dulzura, if you're familiar with it. There were two spots off Otay truck trail. Are both of them off limits? The obvious one was at the water tanks along the grade, and the other was just past the gated picnic area; you follow the power line road just over the hill instead of taking the hard left to continue up the Trail. There's a third spot where I've seen folks plinking on the west end, above Otay Lakes Road at around 2700 ft where the Trail takes a dog leg. But that's not used much. But why not use SBRGC? It's a nice range and the RSOs are great guys.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check those spots out. I do enjoy SBRGC, it's where I sight in my deer rifles but we were looking to do more tactical shooting, drawing from holsters, shooting while moving etc.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu