Shot Simulator App

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
I was watching the outdoor channel one night and saw them use this app, after they shot a deer. It is called Shot Simulator by F+W Media, Inc. it costs 4.99. I don't really like to purchase apps( I like the free ones). It has mixed reviews but it will help you figure out depending on where your shot was you can see what organs you may have hit and help you decide how long you may want to wait to go look for that deer. I think the reviews are from people who thought it was a game, and they don't understand what is for. Well I thought someone may like it, so let me know if anyone decides to download it. Thanks Snack

If you saw where your hit was, you shouldn't need an app telling you what organs you may have hit...... ???

I don't think an app should even be a guide on how long to wait. The hunter should know much better than a dang cell phone whether or not they should track it or wait....Just my opinion...

Lungpopper said:
I'm to cheap. I want the cabelas recon app but to cheap to pay for it.

I've seen how people can be tracked by "pinging" their cell phones. That cabelas app almost seems like it could be a tracker...

I don't even have a smart phone. Still in the stone ages I guess, or maybe I'm cheaper than you!

I have the Cabelas app. It is pretty cool. Maybe Lungpopper will get the app for Christmas! :D

Breacher said:
If you saw where your hit was, you shouldn't need an app telling you what organs you may have hit...... ???

I don't think an app should even be a guide on how long to wait. The hunter should know much better than a dang cell phone whether or not they should track it or wait....Just my opinion...
X2 couldn't agree more with Breacher on this one.

Lungpopper said:

I have that one its pretty cool drained the battery and needs service but
Cool

Sdbirds said:
Lungpopper said:

I have that one its pretty cool drained the battery and needs service but
Cool

The recon app is very useful in the field. Public land layer is a big help although does up the cost. Cache the maps you need when you have wifi, then you don't need service in the field. And turn on airplane mode so you aren't constantly searching for service. The gps function will still work and show ypur location on the map, track, etc.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu