Shotgun restrictions in Cali

CritJoe

Jul 7, 2012
Hey guys,

As the days count down for when I get to California I'm looking at expanding my gun selection. My question to you fine gentlemen is this. Do you know if there is a restriction on capacity for pump-action shotguns? Main reason I ask is cause I'm looking at getting a Mossberg 500 with a 8+1 capacity.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Yes, the restriction on all shotguns for hunting big game, waterfowle, and upland game is 3 rounds max (1 in chamber and 2 in the magazine). That will mean that you must have a the gun Plugged at all times while hunting. Best thing to do is to read current DFG laws to stay safe.

If you are asking a general legality question regarding California and overall shotgun magazine capacity, the 8+1 is legal. Matagi was referring to out in the field hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu