Shout out to Fine Firearms

Baller

Sep 12, 2016
Just wanted to give John and the boys a shout out as my stock came in 2 months early..!! Seems Truduct and I, among others, all ordered ours within days of each other and I was the lucky one who had his stock show early..!! Got to fondle the action in the stock and it is gonna be a WINNER...!!!

Always a good time in that place. Should have it completed in a couple of weeks to get all dialed in for deer season..!

#imustbedoingsomethingright

.output12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya for some reason McMillan doesn't keep an assortment of left handed stocks that fit my custom action on hand lol.

Stoked for you! What caliber, what barrel, length, overall weight goal, and what optics are you mounting? Cant wait to see it done.

Reactions: Baller
Oh no, didn't know it was a lot more "Custom" than my custom stock..!!! Ba ha haa...

Let's see, it is based off my Tikka action, will have a Proof Research barrel right around 25" in .260 Remington and has a Leupold Vx3 2x8x32. And Cerakote of course. Ready to hunt should be just over 7 lbs. which is right around the target weight I was goin for trying to keep it on the lighter side. Not getting any younger..!! I think it will be a tack driver. Will definitely post pics when it is done.

I am super stoked on it. I didn't think I would get it done for this season but somehow, someway it is gonna happen.

Maybe this is the payback for all the hook and hands and other good deeds I have done...??? :)

Last edited:
There were six stocks all ordered within a week of each other.

Truduct - there is still hope for you. Your barrel shows up Tuesday, so it won't be long before your barreled action meets up with your stock at McMillan.

Reactions: Baller and TRICER
Bad assery Baller. The Tikka makes an excellent donor for a custom build. Your rig came out nice...should shoot better than it looks. Another .260 Rem ready to wreak havoc! The anti "Man-Bun" gun.

Started my antlered career with a 25-06 and was successful for many seasons (Nosler 115 at 3100) and then went to a .338 win mag after that Barnes 225 blue bullet) when close friend gave me a m-70 as a gift to an invited hunt in Montana for larger hoofed animals (elk) Did well with it and shot it for few more years with no regret (how can you regret a .338.) Since then I have gone to a 7 mag m-70 shooting Barnes 160's no regret with that either. In between I shot a cow with a 25-06 and it fell down no problem. It's all about shot placement and staying within your personal limits. Next up for me is a 257 Weatherby sporter weight (Custom built) and I'll do it all with that from now on if the situation say's it's possible.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu