Shutdown problems?

msteiger

Oct 16, 2012
San Diego
Has anyone encountered any problems because of government shutdown? According to doi.gov, all BLM and National Forest employees are furloughed, but Rangers are still on the job.

They seem to imply anything with a gate, bathroom, parking lot, etc will be closed. The places I've been going are undeveloped, but I do pass through the occasional FS gate. I'm just wondering if anyone's had any problems?

Re: Shutdowns problems?

I bet we are saving a lot of money by leaving all the useless goveys home. I think they should leave them home for good. We all know the gov is way over staffed. Besides I think I recall the last time this happened they reimbursed them all for lost time and wages.

I haven't confirmed this but on another site, someone said they called the CNF and was told the forest is still open for hunting, hiking, mt. Biking etc....

I'm not worried about it.

Was up in the Laguna area yesterday. Burnt Rancheria and Desert View gates are closed. Dont know about Laguna campground. Other gates for roads were still unlocked. It looks to me like campgrounds and areas with bathrooms or trash cans will be closed.

LA County Mountains are getting locked down right now as I post this....

i went to angeles national forrest ranger station and the doors were locked with employees sitting on thier butts not doing a damn thing.all i wanted was the combination to the rincon short cut :'(

I made a trip through CNF last night. The 'seasonal' gates were open. I also drove by a FS station that looked open.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu