SJs Blind Cleanup day April 16th

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
SJ's blind cleanup is April 16th...

info here:

https://socalhunt.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/san-jacinto-wildlife-area-blind-clean-up-day-set-for-april-16th-2016/

sj-cleanup.png

Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can get the OK from the ol' ball and chain :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dang...I'm on vacation till the 18th just gonna miss it. Fish dog let me know if you plan anymore or need extra help on other days.

All you newbies want to get involved?......Here's your chance.......Lots of like minded guys & gals and your helping out the crew at San J.

Sigalert2012 said:
Dang...I'm on vacation till the 18th just gonna miss it. Fish dog let me know if you plan anymore or need extra help on other days.

I don't plan them, I just pass along the info from Tom. Hopefully I can make it out to the next work day, can't do this one as the 16th is my last day at work before I retire completely.

Congrats on your retirement fish dog! That's terrific.
I'm tied up that day as well, but Sprig makes a great point for newbies: get out and volunteer for things like this. It's a great way to get oriented to the refuges, meet the caretakers like Tom and others who are great resources, and you pick up a lot of knowledge working alongside experienced hunters who are of like mind (who volunteer to help out). The hunters who give their time for events like this are frequently just as generous toward newcomers who are willing to put in time and effort. For anyone who has posted that you're looking for a mentor, or "willing to put in the work", these volunteer events are a great place to ante up.

With turkey hunting so slow, I think I'll be making the trek out to San J.......Anybody want to go for few hours?

Attachments

• IMG_7927.JPG
    IMG_7927.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 10
There's this and also your buddy who needs help planting birds Sunday at Pine Valley, but I'm opening the gates at Sutherland Saturday so I'll try to squeeze in a little turkey hunting on the side. Fishing, hunting, planting birds, refuge cleanup (scouting)... Just too many options for one weekend. Life is good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu