Skipjack tuna off the local pier

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
Heard rumor their catching skipjack tuna off the local
Pier had to see for myself shure enough it's for real!

Attachments

• 20151017_083509.jpg
    20151017_083509.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 31
Wow!.........What a year for ocean fishing......... 8)

ps.....Anybody see the mudslides near Tejon Ranch....Amazing what El Nino brings.... :-\

Nice. the skipjack were biting decent yesterday I was out on my buddy's boat yesterday from 9-5 looking for yellows and all we found were some skipjack and bonito trolling most of the day because we weren't marking any fish that would bite the yo yo or were up on the surface. Even though we caught fish it was frustrating at least we got the first blood on his new skiff. I'll post a full report later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovesprig said:
Wow!.........What a year for ocean fishing......... 8)

ps.....Anybody see the mudslides near Tejon Ranch....Amazing what El Nino brings.... :-\

Yes!! Just so happens the road to my hunting spots is the by-pass to LA. Talk about traffic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which pier? IB, OB, or Oceanside? (I'm beating on O-side because that always seems to be the pier with great fishing experiences going on.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu