Skookum new bow!

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Many thanks to Bruce and the guys at the Bow n Arrow Shop for spending so much time with me to get me set up right. It's a beautiful set up and I'm already improving my groups. Thanks Ghost, Breacher and Wheels for all the great advice as I tried to figure out what I needed to start out.
Now I'm getting bloodthirsty!

Looks like the pic didn't attach. Bow Tech Carbon Knight. 8)
ubyqetu3.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

I am positive you will be much happier with that setup over what you initially planned on buying. Congrats! There is no cure for the addiction ;)

Something about archery hunting that makes you feel hardcore. Haha

Sent from my iPhone

Bruce is an INCREDIBLE teacher. Talk about value added to a purchase! He has spent a ton of time with me in the Bow N Arrow Shop getting my form down with this bow, and he's already got me shooting decent groups.
Sighted in the pins at 30, 40, and 50yds Saturday to get the right elevation. I was pretty far right at 40 and 50 so I did a very slight "gang" correction. Yesterday, these were my last 9 shots at 20 yds. I had already split an arrow with a follow up shot on an earlier group. I'm gonna need a bigger yard! ;)
Im headed over to Morley field today if the are open so I can get in more shots at 40-50yds. Anyone else shooting today?
e5egavep.jpgy6aretem.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

Congrats! Now Slow Down, don't run out and sell all your boring ol riffles just to buy more archery tackle. You may still find a use for them down the road. Although I can't think of any use for them. ;) Just kidding NBK. We can always hang them on the wall as a conversation piece. ;D

Breacher said:
Don is bought and paid for!
haha. Thanks again Nick for all your guidance on getting started.
And don't worry Invisible, I've got a couple of rifle hunts lined up for the fall, and I'm trying to get up to Springville for a rifle pig hunt with GSGS before my 2013-14 pig tag expires 30 June.
8)

Invisible man said:
Congrats! Now Slow Down, don't run out and sell all your boring ol riffles just to buy more archery tackle. You may still find a use for them down the road. Although I can't think of any use for them. ;) Just kidding NBK. We can always hang them on the wall as a conversation piece. ;D

Very clever Doug... ::)

millbro said:
Once you get your groups tight, it's time to start aiming for different points on the target. Being Robin Hood gets kinda pricy :D nice shooting buddy
For sure. At 20 yards, I no longer shoot twice at the same spot. All the targets I'm using at under 40 yds now have several bulls eyes I can use.
Thanks Millbro

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu